family first: serving our youngest community members
The first six years of are the most important in a child’s life. In the early years, the brain makes connections that set the stage for lifelong learning, health and well-being.
You can help build your child’s healthy brain and body by:
- Loving and responsive interactions with your child tells them that they are important to you.
- Playing with you child builds relationships. Lots of time spent talking, listening and interacting with your child helps them develop skills they need for life.
- Other things like healthy eating, physical activity and connections to your community also have a positive impact on your child’s development.
EarlyON Child and Family Centers welcome all families with children from birth to six years of age. These free programs are across Ontario and are funded by the Ministry of Education. East Wellington Community Services offers programs for parents and caregivers in Erin and Rockwood. Families will be able to find support, advice, make personal connections and access a network of resources. We provide a play based philosophy that pulls out the creativity and imagination of a child. Our programs offer safe and welcoming environments with high quality programs that are facilitated by qualified professionals.
We look forward to meeting your family!
As part of our children’s program, East Wellington Community Services offers the following for parents of newborn children and those up to the age of six years:
- Children’s playgroups
- Ready, set, go! Kindergarten readiness
- Baby groups
- Children’s outings
- Parenting support
- Workshops for parents, caregivers and children
- Information & referrals to programs and services
- Stroller Hikes
For a full schedule and description of events go to our meetup site. It’s free to join!