Community Support Services
Feeding families in need, community support and outreach programs.
East Wellington Community Services offers residents of the Town of Erin and Guelph-Eramosa Township the support services and outreach programs they need to become happy and healthy contributors in our vibrant community.
As a member of the Ontario Association of Food Banks, East Wellington Community Services provides short-term food support to families and individuals in need. Long-term, we are striving to discover and implement solutions to reduce hunger in East Wellington.
We also provide support services and resources to those dealing with tragedies, illness, housing problems, financial hardship, family conflict and other circumstances that affect their overall health and well-being. Our complimentary Internet access offers community members the ability to find government forms and employment opportunities and we make referrals to other programs and services offered in East Wellington and surrounding areas.
If you or someone you know needs assistance, please visit our contact us page to get in touch.
Community Support and Outreach Services:
East Wellington Community Services offers the following services as part of our community support and outreach program:
- Monthly food support for families in need with choice and variety of food based on Canada’s Food Guide, each client’s nutritional requirements, and availability
- Adopt-a-Family Christmas Hamper and School Back Pack Programs
- A variety of welcoming and engaging workshops to support families and individuals as well as one-on-one support and advocacy
- Referrals to other programs and services offered in East Wellington and surrounding areas
- Free Internet workstations to access government forms and employment opportunities, as well as printing, photocopying, faxing, and laminating services
- Assistance with income tax preparation
Hunger relief in our community begins with you. Donations to our foodbank help feed families and individuals in need. At our foodbank, we are always accepting donations in the form of:
- Canned and dry goods
- Fresh foods
- Frozen foods
- Personal hygiene products
- Children’s lunch items
Donations to our foodbank can be dropped of at your local office listed on our contact us page.
Most needed items by our food bank are…
- Canned Fruit
- Instant coffee
- Personal Hygiene
We are NOT in need of pasta at the present time.
Help is available at the EWCS Erin office for individual or family problems. Beyond our own support and resources, we have also developed strong collaborations with the following agencies.
Contact any of the Agencies listed below to set up an appointment with a representative from any one of our partner agencies at our Erin office.
Guelph Wellington Women in Crisis – Rural Women’s Support Network
38 Elizabeth Street
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (c/o Homewood Health Centre Inc.)
150 Delhi Street
Probation / Parole Services
1780 King St. E.
County of Wellington Immigration and Settlement Services
74 Woolwich St
Email Settlement Services
Tri County Driving Academy
28 Mill Street, Unit 102